Sunday, February 20, 2011

29 and Feelin' Fine!

Well, it's weird to say that I'm now 29 years old.  It seems time has sped up since the conception of my firstborn.  Seriously!  Where did the time go?  I swear I'm 25...-ish.  And I guess I sorta am, but when I say "I'm 29," it's almost as if I'm saying, "I'm almost thirty," which does not sound 25-ish.  It's weird, for sure.  But, don't get me wrong, 29 is a fine age and I plan on staying that age this entire year and some of next.  Sorry 28, I didn't realize our time together would be so short, but I think we have had some good memories and it's time to move forward and age a bit. 

Suffice it to say, age 29 got a stellar welcoming!  Picture this- flowers, gifts, friends stopping by, homemade cards, fabulous dinner with my loved ones, and Steve's most delectable homemade cheesecake.  Seriously, blogging/re-living this memory is both delicious and rad  (Whad'ya mean, "What's 'rad'?")!

 Dinner: Spinach salad supreme with poppyseed dressing and bacon, Hot spinach-artichoke dip, Shrimp coctail, Freshly baked whole wheat rolls with butter, and King Crab Legs to my hearts content!

 What appears in this picture to be a glistening white flying saucer headed for my hubby's teeth is actually the aforementioned delectable homemade cheesecake.  Thanks honey for spending 3 hours the night before making me my favorite for my birthday!

 I got flowers from both Steve (the pink gerber daisy) and Tom (the peach colored rose) and my mom gave me 2 happy birthday balloons earlier that day.  Aw, I feel loved.

 Here are my gifts- The Air Bake cookie sheets from Steve and the girls, a decorative pitcher from my sweet neighbor Becky, and the lotion from my friend Amanda.  It was so sweet to be remembered by both family AND friends!

 Now for the homemade cards :)

Amara's card for me.  Left: lightening, a face, and a football.  Right: A happy mountain.

Lily's card for me.  Left: A ballerina.  Right: A person with a lollipop bouquet.

Front of Steve's card for me.

Inside of Steve's homemade card.

Back of Steve's card.  Yes, it says "Unicorns are awesome!"

 My mom surprised me with this awesome rotating book shelf for my gift.  It was no longer needed at the school she works at, and they told her she could give it to me.  Awesome!  It now houses our loads of childrens books.

For documenting purposes only, I felt the need to take a pic of myself on my birthday, but I didn't feel like snapping a shot of just myself, so I made my hubby smile next to me.  I snapped this picture at the very end of the day and we were both tired, as is somewhat evident in our red eyes. 

It was a great birthday, and although I don't have a picture of it, mom and Tom came over and had dinner with me, which meant a whole lot!  Our girls were ecstatic to see them!  We need to get together for dinners more often!

No comments: