Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Dance performance & grandma visits!

 Last week was our (mine and Lily’s) Dance performance! I (Amara) was in 4 dances, not including the finale. I was in rain, which was the pointe dance, fall leaves, the ballet dance, starry night, a jazz/modern dance, and mountains, also modern. Lily was in all of those, plus the hip hop dance. The costumes for them were all so pretty! The picture below is the rain dance, we had blue and grey leotards, and tights with some “skirts”. We were looking at them and we’re pretty sure they’re actually like, cardigans, since we found 2 sleeves and stuff. But we wrapped them in a way so they would look more skirt-like.

These next couple pictures are of the mountain dance, which was made up of not many people, me, lily, and 3 other girls from our class. We did a couple lifts, and it was fun! The especially fun thing is that the rain and mountain dances were back to back. So we wore our mountain leotards under the rain ones, and had our mountain costumes backstage. Mine had to be pinned up in the legs and shoulders in order to mostly fit me. The first time we had to do the quick change I got my skirt off, took my pointe shoes off, and took the rain Leo off. Then I hurriedly put on the mountain jumpsuit. We had several girls each to help us change backstage. We pulled it off though! However, the first performance I accidentally had it put on backwards. You can see in the pictures if you look closely!

These pictures below are of starry night! I did pretty well in this one, and the skirts were hand painted by our teacher! We got to keep the navy leotards, and our tights. We kept changing leotards on under our regular leos, to make it easier and faster to change. 

This last picture of the performance is from the finale! It was kinda a mess, it’s hard to get all the girls to stay together. I accidentally kicked a girl who ran on late, and happened to run directly behind me as I was doing the backwards kick. We both tried to just continue on and hope nobody noticed. Unfortunately, lily was unable to perform in the second performance, because she got sick. So we had to modify all the dances she was in to make them run smooth without her.
Grandma Christensen came down to visit us to watch our performances! She watched  both of them, and enjoyed it! Mother’s Day was coming up, so me and mom went to Davis and found her these cool color changing hair clips! They look like white flowers, and when you stand in the sun they instantly change from white into 3 different, vibrant, colors! So cool! We also played a fun game called box of lies, and she won!

Mandi and Sarah came to support us as well! They’re such good friends.


No comments: