So, Friday September 4th we had a lunch date. I got all ready and Steve came home with a surprise for me... awww... a FLOWER! And not just any flower, a Gerber Daisy. Those are special to me because Steve was the first and only boy to give me that flower. I had received roses, lots of different kinds and colors, but Steve actually perused around and chose a daisy which I loved for it's uniqueness. Plus daisies were my favorite! I love the way they look.
Steve ordered his favorite- 2 crispy rellenos with rice and beans. I got something new to try- Plaza Enchiladas: 3 enchiladas one with creamy sauce and one with mole, and one with pork chile verde. I hadn't had breakfast and so my appetite was ready to tackle it and I packed every bit away. I was STUFFED going home. Kinda wish I split it into 2 meals so I didn't have to deal with the effects of overeating. Maybe I'll remember that for next time.
On the drive home, I proposed that we take the road less traveled, which is a little longer but also serene. I snapped pics of the clouds which were so pretty against the blue sky.
Our nice restaurant of choice is possibly our favorite- La Plaza Mexicana. I've never had anything there that I didn't like.
On the drive home, I proposed that we take the road less traveled, which is a little longer but also serene. I snapped pics of the clouds which were so pretty against the blue sky.
We also got to drive home under our favorite tree. This one has been photographed by us a few times. We love how it reaches over the road. It also makes us a little nervous to drive under it. So adventurous!
I'm glad we waited until we were both more awake and could enjoy our date unrushed. Great food, the best company, pretty views. Loved it so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment