Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Broccoli is great for wound healing!

A couple days ago, we were eating dinner as a family. I made cooked broccoli and Lily said she didn't want any. As her parents, Steve and I proceeded to tell her about why we eat broccoli and the fun you can have doing it. Steve showed her how to pretend you're a giant and pick up a "tree" (broccoli) and take a bite while I explained that broccoli is loaded with vitamins and minerals and particularly a great source of Vitamin C which has wound-healing properties. I said, "That means if you get a cut or a little ow-ee, broccoli helps it to heal and get better." She took some broccoli and ate it all. Yesterday, on 3 different occasions, after a fall or a bump or a scrape or a scratch, Lily would come to me begging for a piece of broccoli. She doesn't like bandaids, by the way, because when you pull them off, it hurts. So, I gave Lily leftover broccoli from the night before. Today, we were out of broccoli. Poor Lily got a sliver in her foot, but she would not let me pull it out. She screamed and screamed and screamed, so I left her alone for a few minutes to calm down. After a couple minutes, Lily requested broccoli, so I had to blog about it. All I have to say is, Lily's future husband better stock up on broccoli for the birth of their first child.

No comments: