Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year Resolutions, Scripture Reading

Tonight for Family Home Evening we made some New Year Resolutions. We got out the hand puppets that Great Grandma Blad (Debby's mom) made us and discussed what things we could do better this year. Lily resolved to eat snacks and have more fun. As parents, we suggested an addition to eat healthier snacks and have more fun by sharing more. She happily agreed.

Steve and I (Lani) made a goal to read the entire standard works (Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price) in a year. I've attempted that goal before but before long, I got sidetracked and forgot about it. This time will be different and I'm excited to do it, just to prove it can be done.

I found a website that is sure to help with my scripture reading goals. It is a personalized scripture reading chart/schedule online. It was free and simple to set up. I now receive emails containing the scriptures I need to read to reach my goal. At the end of each email, I click a button that says "completed" and it automatically tracks my progress and sends me the next set of scriptures. Everyone with a scripture reading goal should check out this website. It is www.readthescriptures.com

No comments: