Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our kids make us laugh.


I must explain this picture. We had some friends over for Sunday dinner, a few weeks ago. They have 4 kids all under the age of 5 and they were in our last ward. We ate frozen pizza, salad, and ice cream (I was trying to please the kids since there were more of them, and happy kids= happy parents). We had a great time visiting and it was time for them to leave. Lily and Amara were in their bedroom as we were saying goodbye, so I called to them to come say bye. "Okay!" was the response, and they ran down the hall. This is what we saw next.


Lily was in the middle of putting on her pajamas and instead of putting a shirt on, she just stuffed her upper body into her oversized pants and came out to say goodbye. Our friends had a good laugh, and so did we.

MORE LAUGHS...

This is what I overheard this morning as we were rushing to get out the door. As Lily was putting on her shoes, she turned to Amara and said, "I know why we're always late. It's because we always eat breakfast as a family, and because we always like to be at home more than we like to go to school."

As parents, we love overhearing our children's revelations.

As I'm typing this, Amara brings me a toothpick and says, "Mom, maybe we could put some chocolate on this. Like, chocolate, cherry, chocolate, cherry. That's a good idea. Maybe you should buy that."

I love it~ Great idea!

1 comment:

Doralee said...

Those pictures are hilarious! Made me literally burst out laughing. Silly girl.