Monday, January 9, 2017

Amara's Coupon Redeemed: Breakfast!

For Christmas, Amara gave me a little box full of coupons of services she would do for me.  One of them said, "Make you breakfast."  So, I told her the night before that I was going to redeem it, and she made me such a lovely breakfast the next morning.  I was proud of her because we didn't have a lot of easy breakfast options.  We still hadn't gone shopping since being gone for 2 weeks, so there was no milk, eggs, yogurt, or cereal.  She did a great job trying to make me a well-balanced breakfast.  I had a clementine (she peeled it special for me, see video below), 2 pieces of buttered toast, a few pistachios, 3 figgy bites (dried fruit and nuts formed into balls), 3 crackers, and some leftover asian cashew slaw.  I ate every morsel.  She even made me a sweet card wishing me a good day and a bottle of water that said, "Fleece Navidad" (she thought it was funny).
THANK YOU AMARA!  It was a wonderful meal and such a thoughtful Christmas gift!

I often have trouble getting video to work on my blog but if it does, below you'll see the special clementine Amara peeled for me.

2 comments:

Margaret Christensen said...

Way to go, Amara. Good job on a nice breakfast with no eggs or cereal in the house.

Aslam said...

How did I not know about all the things you have going???? What a cool life.
So glad to hear good things about you guys!

Basement Waterproofing Brooklyn