Follow Our Blog By Email

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

My, my, time flies.

Just reminiscing about when my kids were this small.  Now they're this small...


And, my sweet oldest daughter can almost fit my shoes I found out when we went shopping last Friday.  She complained her shoes were too tight (women's size 7-1/2), so we got her some shoes that fit and she's only a half size from fitting my shoes, and for your information I wear a women's size 9.  I believe she's got her daddy's toes, but the length of her feet are likely long-Lauret.  I have the shoe size of women who are generally several inches taller than I am.  My grandma Lauret and her daughter both wear shoe size 11/12, but they are also much taller than I am at 5'11.  At her growth rate, Lily may even pass me up!  I didn't really think that would ever happen, but there is a chance.  She isn't necessarily tall for her age, but, I'm on the shorter size at 5'5, and both Steve and I have tall women in our family lines.  We shall see in the next few years!

Amara is faster than me.  That may not come as a big surprise to anyone, seeing as my running skills are pretty rusty.  However, she could beat me at a foot race ever since she was 4, I think.  That little girl is "fun-sized" and has a remarkable rotational velocity that can spark her legs into speeds I've always been amazed at.  Next time you're with her, challenge her to a foot race.  It's so fun to watch her run!

So what am I gonna do?  I'm gonna love these girls and improve the precious time I get with them.  The years haven't been many, but the time seems far gone.  A great deal happens in meager spans of minutes, with memories the only lasting threads woven in the fabric of our lives.

No comments: