Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving 2018- 2 Feasts!

Steve schools his mom at Chess on Thanksgiving morning
 Over Thanksgiving break, our family traveled out to be with our extended family for not one, but TWO delicious feasts!  Luckily those feasts were not planned for the same day, so we could spread out the abundance and calories over a couple days.

First Feast


We stayed at Steve's parents' house during the break and traveled 15 minutes over to my dad's house for our first Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't take many pictures of people it appears, but there were many there!  Everyone brought food to the feast and made it quite the event!

Spencer smoked a turkey, my dad baked a ham, my cousin Ben and Erika brought sweet potato casserole, I brought corn casserole, brussell sprouts, and pumpkin dessert, my mom brought Krab potato salad, Grandma Blad made her 7 layer jello, April brought an olive-garden-style salad, Micah brought green bean casserole, rolls (I think?), and a pumpkin cake roll, I think my dad made the potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, too (?).  This post has been back-dated and I'm actually writing it on January 19, 2018, so it's been a couple months since that blessed day thus making it a little hard to remember details, but I do remember that everything was delicious.  Oh!  There were several pies, too.  Trent and Lyndsi brought several she had made with her family the day before: pumpkin, triple berry, pecan, and apple with warm butter-caramel sauce.
my plate

Lily smiling with her food

Lily's plate
Amara and her meal

Alexa's first Thanksgiving!
 Desserts were 4 different pies, Mandy's homemade pumpkin cake roll, my pumpkin streusel dessert, carrot cake, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.  So much YUM on one plate.  I took mini pieces of almost everything and had a full plate of dessert!
 The Thanksgiving didn't end with dessert.  God gave us a feast for our eyes with the sunset that evening. My dad has a spectacular view of the mountains, the city, and the lake from his front deck, and as the sky began to change, we all went out there to partake of the majesty.  It was absolutely stunning!

Next Feast 

 It was a beautiful day to help with the preparations for Thanksgiving dinner #2 with Steve's side of the family.  We helped with shelling pomegranates.  That was fun.  I got to sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather while doing that.  Those fruits were plump, juicy, and beautiful with seeds like rubies!


Steve was a good helper and heaved the huge, thawed turkey into the sink to rinse it off. That may have been his first time ever doing that.  It was kinda funny watching him squirm a little as he manhandled that bird.


 Luckily, when dinner time rolled around, I remembered to take a picture of the plate of goodness!  So much bounty!  So much warmth!  So much to be thankful for!
Those who were at this feast were Steve's parents, Matt, Laurel, Ryan, Tamsin, Hannah and Jake, and our family.

Also that day, there were lots of fun leaves for the girls to jump into at Grandma and Grandpa Christensen's!



No comments: