Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Lily's FHE - God's Army

Remember God's Army?  It came out when I was a teenager and I realized the other day when I saw a clip from the movie that my kids hadn't ever seen it.  So, we got a free trial for the streaming of Living Scriptures movies and watched it for Lily's family night.  It brought back memories to Steve, me, and my mom of when we first saw it, the controversies associated with it, and the way it brought Steve back to the memories of his own mission life.  We had a nice discussion after the movie as we adults walked down memory lane and the kids listened to our stories. Steve told about how he had a companion that went home early from his mission.  Our kids love hearing their dad's stories.  He also reminisced how he and his companion set up an appointment with some girls only to give their info to the sister missionaries and have them go see them, just like what happened in the movie.

It was good to see it again, but now I'm a little nervous about having to cancel with Living Scriptures.  Steve said they are known for making cancellation a royal pain.

1 comment:

Margaret Christensen said...

Cool...with Stephen's memories too.