Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Powdered Sugar Donuts Make Us SMILE!

Priceless!
It was a crazy Saturday morning for me- rushing around to get all the supplies to grout my bathroom shower with my dad- so nutrition got pushed down the priority list. I popped open a box of powdered sugar donuts and rushed out the door, grabbing a few for myself and leaving the rest for Steve and the kids. I think you can tell by Amara's and Lily's perfectly powdered smiles that they enjoyed breakfast that day.
The amount of powder on Lily's face as compared to Amara's is typical of their different eating styles. Lily is meticulously careful and concerned about how messy she gets, often times using only 2 or 3 fingers to hold the donut, and being careful not to touch anything else with those "dirty" fingers (not even her cup) until she's cleaned off. Amara takes a donut much like a dog would, as quickly as possible, chewing only enough to not choke, and many times she lives the theory, "if it doesn't fit, shove it," and does the palm press to squeeze morsels through her tiny mouth cavity. I wonder how old she'll be when we get to stop reminding her to take smaller bites and to chew her food more.

5 comments:

Doralee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doralee said...

Sorry for the first comment! Bad spelling. Your girls are adorable! I wish that we lived closer so that we could see more of your little darlings growing up.

Bobbie said...

I love this look, I think I want to see a family pic like this! I dare you Lani! They grow up so quickly... *sighs*

LyndiLou said...

SUCH cute pictures!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

I love that picture of Lilly.

And we have the same problem with Rachel...she eats naked and usually gets a shower after eating. It's a bit ridiculous but no matter what we do she ends up absolutely covered in food.