Thursday, August 26, 2010

Amara celebrates her 3rd Birthday!


My baby turned 3.  She's officially what the parenting magazines refer to as a "preschooler."  That's just crazy.  
I decided to interview my very talkative Amara, and here are some of her responses.

Favorites:
Color- pink
food- Japanese food
thing- an animal
animal- giraffe
dinosaur- long neck
book- dinosaur sticker book (thanks Aunt Doralee!)

Tell me a joke:
Knock knock.
Whos there?
Ummm, Japanese food.
Japanese food who?
Japanese food in a flower.

Dislikes:
food- onion
~interview ends as she runs off to play.

Amara is an absolute joy to have in our family!  She gives us so many reasons to smile.  She's still a thumb-sucker and she is very attached to her ratty old blue blanky she's embraced since birth.  Steve noticed how big Amara's "sucked-on" thumb is compared to her other one.  Instead of discouraging her from thumb-sucking, he encourages her to suck the other thumb.  Amara's birthday fell on a Sunday this year.  She had a little celebration here at home and one later when we visited family in Utah Valley.  She is so very loved.  

Below is a smilebox collage I made of her on her birthday.
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo collage made with Smilebox

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I can't believe I have been away from 'blogs' that long... I didn't even see this blog entry till just now... Oct.24th! Oh boy, Amara is growing up so quickly :) I love her, toooo :)