Thursday, September 22, 2011

"More Sushi Please!"

A couple of weeks ago we had a delicious sushi night.  While I was making the sushi with my mom, Lily was snapping some pictures.  She did a good job of capturing the food we ate and just browsing through them makes my mouth water!  The Smilebox presentation at the end of this post features her photos.

We made Christensen-Family-Friendly rolls.  In other words, all our sushi rolls were raw-fish-less.  We are greatly limited in our fresh fish selection here in rural-ville, but I'm not complaining, at least not today.  The way I see it, I'm lucky that I can make tasty sushi minus the sashimi, and at the same time I get to save money for my family!  My mom and I made a variety of rolls mixing-and-matching these ingredients~
  • tempura green onion
  • tempura zucchini (from the garden)
  • tempura yam
  • fresh garden cucumber
  • Krab
  • fresh green onion
  • crushed fried noodles
  • homemade wasabi-mayo
  • homemade cayenne-mayo
  • teriyaki glaze
Everyone loved dinner and we ate until there were only 3 small pieces left.


Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Make a photo album

No comments: