Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had a small gathering at my house this year for Thanksgiving.  Mom and Tom joined us.  Geoff wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home.  Earlier that morning, Lily, Amara, and I bundled up and braved the cold to snip some tall grass sheaves for our centerpiece.  Our table was set so beautifully.




Our gathering may have been small, but the feast was PLENTIFUL!  The star of the meal was the bird!  Mom made a super-delicious, moist, 19-pound turkey and yummy gravy!  We also had baked yams, mashed potatoes, stovetop stuffing, brussel sprouts, string beans, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, cracked wheat rolls, maple butter, veggie tray, krab potato salad, crackers w/ cracked pepper-ranch-cheese-green onion-cheesebrick, spinach dip, and macaroni salad.  Phew!  We ate this feast for days- and froze some for another day! :)
Did I forget anything???

Ah, yes!  The pie.  Steve's favorite part of the meal.  We had a peanut butter creme pie, and a pumpkin dessert with whip cream.  I even got a taste of each of them and I must say- mm-mm-good!  The peanut butter pie was so rich it was like eating a stick of butter, except tasty, and probably 100 calories per bite.



We had dinner around 3:30 and then we talked and played ping pong.  Then we came in for pie before Tom had to leave to get to bed early for the impending Black Friday shoppers.
We had such a lovely Thanksgiving.  I sure love that holiday.  Thanks to Sarah Josepha Hale for campaigning for the creation of the holiday (and for the well-loved nursery rhyme, Mary Had A Little Lamb).  And more importantly thanks be to our Father in Heaven for the blessings of family and for sustaining our lives with hope and happiness!

2 comments:

Stephen Christensen said...

Did you forget that we played Cranium? Well we did,Hmmm,anything else? Oh,grandma's hilarious story. So grandma was going to make a macoronie salad... Oh no! What happens next? Maybe grandma will tell you on her own blog,if she ever post's again. Oh,this is actually lily,I forgot to sign out. I don't want to erase everything I have said here,so I'm telling you now. By-by.

Amanda Lauret said...

Wow! What a feast! That food looked delish and sounds like you all had fun, too. :) Oh and I love the table decorations! I can't wait until my kids are older and we can do a fancy Thanksgiving dinner.