Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Decorating For Christmas All By Themselves

 I mentioned that we could decorate for Christmas that week, but I didn't expect that I was going to get sick and find myself nauseated miserable on the couch the day the kids decided to do it.  I normally would have told them to get their school work done first, but I didn't feel well enough to drive that train, so I just let them do what they wanted.

Surprisingly they did it all and didn't leave a huge mess!  They worked together and got down the big heavy boxes from the garage shelves, unloaded, decorated, color coordinated the tree, put up nativities, wall hangings, stockings, and even hung the lights outside!  Then they packed the boxes back up and stuck them on their shelves in the garage.  I can't tell you just how impressed I was.

It really lifted my spirits, too, as I was lying useless on the couch.  I loved seeing the twinkling lights and felt even better that I didn't have to haul things out or worry about telling everyone to help me, and best of all, I didn't have to clean up after the ordeal.  How wonderful!
Lily with the table centerpiece

Amara with some kitchen decor I probably wouldn't even have gotten out.

The entry table and doorknob got decorated

The piano top got decorated

The refrigerator got decorated with those styrofoam snowflakes.

The top of the filing cabinet got nativities while more styrofoam snowflakes showed up on the lamp post behind it.

They took down other wall hangings and replaced them with festive ones.

Even the calendar holder got snowflakes.

Lily used a stepladder to get the lights hung.  It was cold, but she got it done.

Our front porch.

1 comment:

Margaret Christensen said...

Wow. What an amazing gift they gave you. Beautiful job.
Just WOW!!!!