Thursday, July 14, 2016

Our 13th Anniversary - Day 5


It was Sunday, and after church, we took a scenic drive into Idaho, passing the hometown of Ezra Taft Benson (quaint and extraordinarily beautiful), and stopping off at a state park of some sort to go on a nature hike together.  We decided to take pictures of flowers and butterflies.  Nature never ceases to make me feel closer to God!
 Steve gave me one of his fancy cameras and taught me how to use it, and we went shooting together.  I tried to take a picture of each new wildflower I came across.
















I love this flower.  I'm not sure if Steve or I took this photo, but who cares?  Look at those gorgeous colors!  


Here's Steve in his safari-like-keep-the-sun-off-my-mullet hat.  He wears it anytime he's out in the sun.  And in case you are wondering, no, he doesn't have a mullet, he just needs protection from the sun on his translucent skin or it would burn him as quick as a spark on dry grass.

Next, we went to Blackfoot, Idaho to look for gravestones of some of my ancestors, the Fackrells.  Even though we didn't find the ones I was looking for, we found many other relations there!  I used familysearch app called Family Tree to be sure they were my relations, and sure enough, they were!








We drove back down to Logan via I-15, and that drive was VERY PRETTY!  I thought we were driving through the green hills of Scotland!  We checked into our last over-night stay, the Anniversary Inn's Swiss Family Robinson room.  I'll show you around the place in the next blog post.

No comments: