Thursday, July 28, 2016

Making Money

 "Mom, I'm going to sell cake at my yard sale."

That's how I found out she was having a yard sale.  I normally would let her make a cake with my supervision so she gets experience, but not this time.  I volunteered to make the cake, the main reason being that I just cleaned the kitchen and I could make a cake with minimal mess.  So, she got the rest of her yard sale ready and I baked her a cake.  She put various things for sale, asking me first if it would be okay, but in the end she didn't make as much money as she had hoped she would.  I think she made 2 or 3 dollars.  But, that's more than she started out with, so I count it as a win.
 The cake was the best seller, but we still had plenty left over for us- chocolate cake with whip cream and crumbled homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Yummy yum.  Her friends bought some cake, but she gave them a deal, which ate into her profits.

I just love that she tried to earn money when she wanted it.  Go Amara!

No comments: