Thursday, August 24, 2017

June: Our Time With Cousins & Great-Grandma

This post is pretty random. It's a conglomerate of our June days and it may be a little scattered, so be forewarned. Hope you can follow. 

Our summer has flown by because everyday has been filled with something fun.  The month of June was super special because we got to have Joe's family come all the way from Hawaii to visit us here for a month or so.  Joe worked most weekdays, we arranged to stay at my dad's house with them while my dad and Deb were gone and we would also be there to care for grandma.

In early June, we went to the Orem Summerfest with Joe & kids, April & kids, and Mandy & kids. I remember that the rides we're all those nauseating spinny kind and made a few of the kids feel really sick.  We did have a good time together though. 











I took Grandma to get her hair done since it had been awhile. It wasn't easy for her to get out and going, but she was a good sport and looked wonderful. 

Here is before:
Here is during:
And here's after:
Grandma was exhausted and was glad to get home.

We visited several parks with our cousins. 






 For Father's day, we took Steve and his parents to the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday. 
We got Steve some real bow ties! And beef jerky. 

We spent time with Bev's family and Steve was teaching her how to use the camera talked her into buying. 
I took photos of my sister for her pregnancy. 




I loved spending time with my grandma. I would fix her some healthy meals, help her shower and use the restroom, keep her sheets clean, bring her her medications, and sit with her and watch Food Network or try to have a conversation. 
Lily got to have a her 7th grade shots and physical. 

She did so much better than her kindergarten shots. 
I took Steve to see the squaw peak lookout. He's never seen it before. 
Sleepovers in Grandma's living room with cousins were fun too!

No comments: