Sunday, September 23, 2018

Joe's Family Comes For A Visit

We love it when we get family to visit us out here in the rural-desert of Ballard.  Joe had to work most days so we hung out close to home.  Lily's new trampoline she bought (Amara helped a little, too) was a fun activity for everyone.
One night, Missy taught us a new recipe for potato chip chicken.
The ingredients

Dredge chicken in Mayo, then crushed potato chips.

Sprinkle on spices and parmesan.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, I think.

Missy also joined me for my relief society activity that I helped plan.  It was a "speed friendshipping" activity.  I'm so glad she came because there were only a few of us there.
Sisters lined up on both sides of the table and had 3 minutes to talk to the person across from them, then we moved people on one side down to the next person.

We had little flowers with conversation prompts on them that people could use if they wanted to.


We had everyone bring a munchie to share.

I took the kids to the park one morning.  My mom joined us shortly thereafter and brought with her Chinese Jump Ropes.  Those were something my mom grew up with on the playground and we had a lot of fun trying to do those ourselves.

Not sure if we played by the official rules or just the official "gwamma" rules.


We also went to the Ute Bowling Alley. I don't remember everything that happened, but I do remember there were some tears and frustration, and I don't think we actually finished our game because we were only halfway done after an hour.  Guess that's what we get for cramming so many people on one lane.


Time always flies when you're having fun.  We miss having all these wonderful cousins so close, but we're so thankful we have opportunities like this to have them visit!

1 comment:

Myrna said...

How fun! Love the Lauret family!