Saturday, September 29, 2018

Me In High School & Pants


Oh yes. That's me back in high school. My friend had this pic and sent it to me recently via Facebook. I remember those jeans. I had 2 pairs in slightly different colors of blue. My dad was patient as we went pants shopping together, and even though these were the expensive $40 Levi's from the outlets in Park City, he bought them for me. You see he had been everywhere with me and was so frustrated (yet patiently frustrated) that I didn't like how anything fit, and we had shopped everywhere. (This was before the days of shopping online.)  When we finally found something I liked, even though it was expensive, dad very willingly said he'd buy them anyway. In fact he was so thrilled that the pants search was finally over that he bought me 2! Thanks Dad!

By the way, those were my first pairs of brand new name brand jeans. Before then, my pants all came from either DI, Savers, or on sale from Kmart. I wore those Levi's pretty much everyday, alternating colors every few days. I was sad when I grew out of them... and so was my dad. 

P.S. You know what he told Steve before we got married? He warned him that I was pretty much easy going, except when it comes to shopping for pants! That was 4 or 5 years after this Levi's experience.

No comments: