Monday, May 27, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's 60th Wedding Anniversary (Spring Break, part 5)

60 Years of Marriage

 
Grandma and Grandpa Lauret came to Utah to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.  All their children and most of their grand children and great-grandchildren were in attendance at their luau-style celebration.  It was a memorable night filled with delicious Hawaiian food, catching up with loved ones, and a short program where I got to interview my grandparents.

Grandma and Grandpa with their 5 kids (Back row, left to right: Jim (Utah), Cynthia (North Carolina), Mike (Utah), Cheryl (California), David (Utah))
Food at Lauret gatherings is second to none.  This spread did not disappoint.  Kalbi beef, grilled teriyaki chicken, kalua pig, rice, mac salad, potato salad, fruit salad, caesar green salad, krab rangoons, and eggrolls.  And sparkling cider to toast the happy couple :)  YUMMY!

It is a beautiful thing to be surrounded by family, and grandma and grandpa certainly were.  I tried to get a picture of everyone that was there.  Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.  And for your viewing pleasure, I present to you photos of the "FAM"...





















Get him Micah!  Funny how similar some of our children are to ourselves.  Max and Micah, case in point.
Jake and Kelli brought newborn Brooklyn to visit and we all wanted to hold her! :)




Amara didn't feel like smiling I guess.
Cutting the cake.
I love you Grandma and Grandpa!  Here's to 60 more!  I have such a great family!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

The Lauret Family Rocks!!! I have such joy seeing the family together. I so love Grandma and Grandpa Lauret!!! It's so good to see mostly everyone in your pics, it just does something good for your heart and your life. :) Your pictures just brought me right there, a good place :)