Friday, December 26, 2014

Welcome Baby Tommy (Sept. 2014)

We were so happy to finally get to meet baby Tommy when he was born this past September. While my sister was in labor at the hospital, I agreed to stay at her home and watch her adorable son, Devon, and her energetic dog, Ellie. We had good times together.  One nice thing about me homeschooling is that I can take school on the road with me and I get to be there for things like this blessed event.
We took Devon with us to a My Tech High picnic, for the girls homeschool. And we played at a park.  Later, we took Ellie on a walk and let her run around a little in the fenced in playground near my sister's townhome. 

After Tommy was born, we were all planning to go to the hospital and meet him, but plans changed. We were told that no child under the age of 12 would be permitted into the hospital unless they were a sibling. So Lily and Amara cried many tears of sadness while I took Devon to go see his new brother. 

It was a beautiful event to watch Devon meet his new baby brother. He wanted to sing to him, and it was the most precious thing you have ever heard. He sang some sort of song from the cartoon movie, "Cars."








I was in heaven holding this little bundle of joy, and I am so proud of my sister. She's such a good mommy!

Then, the day came when they could bring Tommy home, and my girls got to see him. They loved holding their new cousin.






It was hard to leave. I loved being there to help out with the house and support my sister in any way she needed me. I loved holding Tommy and listening to Devon's chatter.  I feel super blessed to have been able to be there.

1 comment:

Lily Christensen said...

Did you know that in the pic before the last photo that ellie is sticking out her tounge ready to lick Tommy and that Devon is pulling up his shirt? It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!